Translate

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Bellowhead

Last night we went to a Bellowhead concert at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall. They are a group of 11 and I would call their music folk-rock. A mixture of traditional songs and their own material. The singer, although good, sometimes can't be heard above the massive sound of the strings, brass and drums. But they are fantastically talented. When they announced they were going to play dance music, I expected the British attitude of 'well, I'll dance if lots of others will'. But, no, lots of people immediately rushed into the aisles and to the front and started random dancing. And lots of them were my age or older. We children of the sixties who are now in our sixties know how to party. We were in the circle so my sister and I just stood up and clapped and jogged about a bit. Eventually TSH stood up because 'he couldn't see anything because of the way the rest of us were behaving'. But he enjoyed it in his understated way (I think!!).

But the band's laptops were stolen during the first half, What an indictment of the Phil's management!!

I am trying to analyse a team conversation from a work context but I am so tired after the late night that its not going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment