Reasons why I should give up the MA:
1. I am totally discouraged by my final OU score. Not only is it so low but I don't understand the comments, they don't seem to relate to my work. It's a lottery and I am getting rebellious and resentful.
2. I don't like the way the MA course is structured. Lots of trivial activities and then a longer piece of work just a few times a year. I liked the OU structure where you are working on something all the time - I like writing and analysing more than I like reading.
3. Lots of the MA students are A level teachers, who are much more knowledgeable than I am.
4. It doesn't seem to be giving me any pleasure right now.
Reasons why I should carry on:
1. I want to keep my brain active.
2. I have enjoyed so many aspects of English Language in the past. There must be some good bits on this course.
3. I want an MA.
4. What would I do instead ( the answer to that is write my novel)?
4. I'm not a quitter.