Translate

Thursday 15 September 2011

10th Anniversary

Its our 10th Wedding Anniversary today, so we are eating out tonight.

One of our memories of the wedding is being clamped - we parked outside the registry office, parking with gay abandon in the middle of an empty office car park on a Saturday. When we came out - married - we and some of our guests had been clamped. I am sure they were waiting there on purpose. I feel very strongly that clamping should be banned - I think that is already the case in Scotland.

This will never be a political rant but clamping (and maybe bankers) is different.

None of it was formal - we took a Beatles CD with us. There were no plans about when it would be played and they left it on at low volume the whole time. We made our vows to the strains of 'I'm a Loser'!

I bought a new handbag today - large and black. I need a large bag to go to University on Saturday to keep my notebook etc in. And my lovely huge bright pink one doesn't go with the outfit I have planned. I so have to create the right impression - they will only see me 3 times a year.

I haven't started reading 'Phonetics and Phonology' in earnest yet - I'll catch up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment