Translate

Thursday 3 May 2012

Done!!

The grammar book assignment has been submitted. I enjoyed it but I'm glad its gone. I've now started on corpus linguistics and have just read one account of how male language is different from female language (quite possibly) but he (I think its a he) claims that women's swearing is less extreme than men's (not round here it isn't) and that women don't use abstract entities like 'opinion' or 'theory' (we CAN do abstract  thinking, he mustn't have looked for the right words). He finishes by saying that men's and women's language is complementary, based on that fact that men go out to work and women stay at home (OMG!!) and that their interaction (wait for it .....) is best represented by a pair of entwined wedding rings. I need to lie down in a darkened room with my smelling salts. Maybe even loosen my stays.

No comments:

Post a Comment