Translate

Tuesday 29 April 2014

Options

I sent the intro to S and got back a lot of comments. I don't understand all of it, but basically 'its not very readerly' and doesn't explain properly why I have done the work etc. etc. etc. Plus, my research questions are badly worded - he doesn't want 'keywords' in there because that's just a method. I remember inserting that word as a result of a previous discussion with him. So its another rewrite. And I'm running out of time.

So ..... I walk away. I don't need this. Or I rewrite again and end up with loads of stress because there isn't the time. Or I forget S and his comments (which isn't easy or advisable as he is one of the markers) and just submit something and hope to scrape through.

I have never been able to write the essays in the style they want. And I have never understood whether what I have written is any good or not. After I finish this (now, or after the results or whenever) I wanted to write books. But I can't even write a decent intro to a dissertation I'm really enthusiastic about.

Maybe I should just give in, retire, be old and gaze into space.

No comments:

Post a Comment