Translate

Friday 13 January 2012

It's getting better

The second face-to-face day for my course was last week and it was infinitely better! I understood it all and the tutor seems much more committed.

I still have to finish the Spoken English assignment and I've had a worry about that this week. The course director said that for the prosody option he would expect analysis of 2 minutes of conversation. I have been working on 10. How do you write 5,000 words about 2 minutes of speech? I wrote to him and he agreed to look at my work. I then spent a few days thinking I might have to start again completely. 5,000 words on the role of the larynx suddenly seemed more atytractive. Better than recording, transcribing and analysing anoither conversation, anyway. But he said my analysis was 'great' and I am on the right lines. Things are improving. I'm not stupid or past it.

Oh, and TSH's daughter has asked me to help choose the wedding dress! A true honour.

But what will I wear? For the shopping, as well as the wedding?

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thank you for coming over to my blog and leaving such a nice comment!Reading your blog I can totally understand your doubts and worries over your M.A.Its so interesting to read someone else's thoughts on study - and you are going for your M.A!!Keep writing - I want to read more about your life and studies - you are sooooo not past it!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete