Translate

Wednesday 27 March 2013

No MA work for the next few days

So the house is all ready for Easter visitors. And we bought a mountain of food today so I hope everyone can make it through the snow. We have collected TSH's mother who is with us for almost a week.

I have ideas about how to structure the essay but they'll have to remain ideas for a while. I think I'll structure the essay just like the course but refer to Cook, who says an advert is a good example of text which can be subjected to critical discourse analysis. And then the multimodality is important because the lexical density is so high that colour and layout are needed to make sense of it.

Last weekend TSH went to a steam rally. On the way, we visited the Black Country museum. I had never heard of it before but it is world-class - a town reconstruction just as good as Ironbridge or Beamish.

No comments:

Post a Comment