Translate

Friday 29 March 2013

Unbelievable!

So we went to a funeral and afterwards TSH left his mother and sister in the church porch whilst we went for the car to pick them up. He drove back to the church entrance the wrong way round the church one-way system because 'that's OK if you're picking up a 93-year old'. All the time, people were waving frantically at us and I was having an out-of body-experience, in an avoidance kind of way. Then he got out of the car and went into the church to find them. They had wandered off in the opposite direction 'to make things easier for us'.

There I was in a car, nose to nose with the hearse which was ready to leave. Everybody staring at me. Knowing there was no way I could successfully reverse the car  in a straight line back down the narrow space he had driven up. Covering my eyes with my hands.

My father was a funeral director. He would have been livid if anyone had done that at one of his funerals.

No comments:

Post a Comment