Translate

Thursday 2 May 2013

Ready for Summer

Nails done - purple with silver glitter. Summer clothes ready. But its not quite warm enough yet.

Have had lots of trouble with Talktalk broadband and TV. Our new talktalk plus package (iplayer on the TV plus a recording box thats really easy to use) was useless because the line kept dropping. I spoke to four people who all told me different things and kept saying 'I understand your concern' in a flat voice as they read it off the script. I am very unimpressed.

Heard an interview on the radio with a linguist who had studied Parliamentary language for politeness. He had compared Cameron and Brown. (Gordon B. was more polite). And I understood what he was talking about and knew that I could do a study like that. I love being a linguist

No comments:

Post a Comment